Instructor – Mikhail A. Morozov, M.A., Lecturer in Communication, Department of Management, Higher School of Economics in St. Petersburg, head of the elective program in Communication Arts at HSE, Member of the Russian Communication Association, practicing conflict manager.
The target audience of the webinar: all professionals, whose success at work depends on establishing productive intercultural relationships with other people.
Intercultural communication studies ways of establishing harmonious interpersonal relations with people who have a different system of beliefs, norms, values and social practices. The subject is considered an integral part of any management curriculum, since we all work in one way or another with other cultures and must be able to establish productive relationships with them.
Course Objective: To provide learners with a number of techniques used to create harmonious interpersonal relationships with representatives of other cultures.
- Imperatives of intercultural communication- discuss the demographic, economic, interpersonal, ethical and philosophical reasons that make the study of intercultural communication a vital necessity.
- Need for ICC in your life- learners study different spheres of human activity and see how important the knowledge of ICC is in almost every area of our life.
- Steps to intercultural competence- learn the steps towards intercultural competence – motivation, knowledge, strategy and action.
- Motivation and ICC – the lecture explains the motivation for the study of intercultural communication.
- Knowledge and ICC – the lecture discusses various sources of knowledge about intercultural communication, which the learner can use prior to immersion into the culture and when he or she is already there.
- Strategy and ICC – the lecture explains the ways of strategic response to changing communication situations.
- Action and ICC – the lecture talks about creating a long-term plan of action for development of intercultural competence.
- Creation and development of intercultural relationships – study the ways to initiate, maintain and competently end interpersonal relations with people of other cultures.
- Your new power – the lecture summarizes all main points of the course, and studies the new strengths of the learner after studying ICC.
- Future of culture – looking to the future, the last topic discusses intercultural communication in the future, and offers several steps that everyone can take to promote effective intercultural communication in the changing environment.
Duration: 2 days – 5 hours a day.
Instruction Format: mini-lectures and practical cases, filling in workbooks, questions and answers.
Temporarily, webinars are held as the group is being staffed (5-10 people). In the near future, a schedule of seminars and webinars (dates, duration, place) will be formed and published. Do you want to know in advance?
You can register in advance for the seminar
Ask your question